By Lesley Chea
- Tell me a bit about yourself.
- Why did you write this manuscript?
- Who are your influences?
- What are some of the books / films you’ve enjoyed recently?
- What other projects have you worked on /are working on / would like to work on in the future?
- Do you have a synopsis for the idea you just pitched?
- What books do you see next to yours in the bookstore?
- What are your career goals? Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
- What is your revision process like?
- How do you see this submission being handled?
What other questions do you think an agent might ask?
Lesley’s life choices revolve around storytelling in one form or other. This was evident when she was a copywriter, a contributor to a local daily and now, as a mother (“If you finish all your carrots, you can see in the dark! I swear!”). Armed with perhaps the most legitimate storytelling license of all – a law degree – Lesley writes stories from her corner in sunny Singapore while waiting for the latest seasons of Dr. Who, Once Upon A Time and The Big Bang Theory.