1. What are you afraid of when you write? What are you certain of?
2. What color is sad? What’s the shape of hopelessness? What smell lingers from resignation?
3. When you feel happy, content and peaceful, can you write? When you are in the depths of despair can you?
4. Think very carefully: if you could only read one novel for the rest of your life, what would it be and why did you pick it?
5. Do you believe in aliens? Do you believe in God? Do you have a pet? Do you like bananas?
6. So, if the novel you picked for number 4 wasn’t available, what would you pick? How long did it take you to come up with that?
7. Why will you/won’t you write today? Is that the truth?