I spent half the day last Monday updating my bio on the myriad online places I reside (e.g. here, FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, website). While I was doing that I also went back to read some of my past blog posts and a bunch of my more recent Twitter posts. Here are the two things I learned about myself:
1. I spend a lot of time in my pajamas, or getting in or out of bed to read.
2. I give so many reasons why I will reject your manuscript but not many at all why I won’t.
What I have learned from these two things are:
1. I don’t need no stinkin’ desk or wardrobe because the virtual office RULES!
2. It’s very difficult for me to put my finger on what I like but easy as anything to know what I don’t like.
In addition, it is apparent to me that I like:
2. using e.g. and i.e.
3. italics and CAPITALIZATION
4. parenthetical asides (like this one)