is the first odd prime number and the second smallest prime. It’s also easy to make lists of three. Like when one isn’t sure what to blog about, for instance…
The last three actual books I read :
1. Between Two Thorns by Emma Newman
2. Jerusalem, a cookbook by Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi
3. A Beautiful Truth by Colin McAdam
The last three manuscripts I requested a full for:
1. An adult literary novel about “the stories that lie just beneath the surface of the people we thought we knew. You might think of it as The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society meets Olive Kitteridge.”
2. A memoir, “spanning forty years and two continents” that “offers an authentic glimpse into the world of nursing.” It is a ” personal story, wrapped inside the larger story of the evolution of women, nursing, and health care since the early 1970′s.”
3. A contemporary fantasy that takes place on the Oregon Coast, where dreamers are “people who have the power to turn Dreams into reality.”
The last three movies I went to:
1. What Maisie Knew
2. Star Trek Into Darkness
3. Ironman 3
The last three deals I worked on:
1. Damien Walters Grintalis’s yet-to-be-titled collection of short speculative fiction, to Apex Publications.
2. a picture book by a debut author, which I’m waiting for signed contracts on, so I can tell you more about it
3. a YA book that I’m also waiting for signed contracts on, so I can tell you more about it
The three most frustrating things about being an agent:
1. Having patience awaiting contracts, signatures, return of emails, and decisions on acquisitions (those are all about patience)
2. Being buried under queries and full manuscripts to read
3. It’s not a particularly high paying job, financially (although pretty darn satisfying in other regards)
The last three things I watched on television:
1. Season premiere of True Blood
2. Season finale of Game of Thrones
3. Mad Men
The last three things I cooked:
1. Potato kugel (by request from my mother-in-law)
2. Gluten free and gluten-full Calzones
3. Raspberry, blueberry, strawberry sauce (to pour over frozen yogurt)
Three things I’d like to see in my inbox today:
1. “Interest” turning into “An Offer”
2. Contracts on the 3 things I’m waiting for contracts on
3. More good news about Openly Straight!
Three wishes I have for you:
1. I wish for you to carry peace in your heart.
2. I wish for you to manifest the good things you want to see in the world.
3. I wish for you to feel the warmth of the sunshine and glory in the sparkle of the stars.
Happy Monday, everybody!